The United Villages Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Villages Reborn

A Tribal Wars tribe

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whats in a name ?

Go down 
+6
Jordan1234567
bobalufa
emncarol
Tibblestone
cjlegg
Silverquest
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverquest
Admin
Silverquest

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:27 pm

So where did everyone come up with there names and their village names at?

Mines pretty easy Silverquest was my bard in Everquest for years so I naturally took that.

My Villages all as well came from Everquest names, Silvarra was my main character a enchanter, Teaaden my druid, and Telora was a good friend of mine she played a wizzard lol.

Theres some interesting names and thought it might be cool to fine out how each person came up with them.

- Sil bounce
Back to top Go down
https://unitedvillages.forumotion.com
cjlegg

cjlegg

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:30 pm

well, my name is my name!!! When I started this I did not know to make up a really cool fun name!!!!!! But my villages, Callisto and Ganymede are named after the moons of jupiter!! Which I guess some of you may already have realised. I like planets, moons and stars n stuff! But I agree some of you loty have VERY interesting names!!
Back to top Go down
Tibblestone

Tibblestone

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:21 pm

The Tibblestone is a freestanding stone at the Teddington Hands cross-roads near Tewskesbury in Gloucestershire. It was a Saxon meeting point where views could be exchanged, issues discussed and proclamations made. The Saxons referred to these as "moot points", hence the expression.
I joined this game whilst on the phone to one of my mates who also plays the game, and needed a name fast. I therefore picked up a book on the History of Gloucestershire that my dad bought me for Christmas, and this was the first page that caught my eye.
I was considering naming my villages after the members of the team that won the Ashes four years ago, and then remembered that it was pretty much the same team that got battered over the winter. I can imagine any Australian players wetting themselves laughing when I call my main attack village "Harmison" and then send my first attack so wide it hits a village on another continent.
Back to top Go down
emncarol

emncarol

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Um im not sure, I think TOR is the name of some cheezy 50's flick. For tor2uga... kinda explains itself, I was playing pirates on-line. Dont have any idea yet about the 3rd. Maybe name it after my cleric Tumatan, from my old EQ days.
Back to top Go down
emncarol

emncarol

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:54 pm

oh I forgot about the emncarol part..I have twin 12yr old girls named Emily and Carol thus the name em-n-carol. Not very origanal but I needed a name fast. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bobalufa

bobalufa

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Bobalufa is an old silly name I invented when I was a kid, it sprung to mind a few years ago when I couldn't find an available user name for another game (don't remember which) and I now use it for most games as its unlikely to be already in use...

Village names currently are themed around small as this world grows so slow. My W15 names are all words for bad smells but this may change when I run out of inspiration.

B
Back to top Go down
Jordan1234567

Jordan1234567

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 6:28 pm

My player name is my name minus some numbers.

My village name is just a random idea. The only bad thing is that people probably think I love food.
Back to top Go down
AdmiralMonkey

AdmiralMonkey

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:37 am

my name is because i am interested in ww2 naval vessels, and i think monkeys are funny, yet intelligent, and thats wheat i want to be in life, just make people happy.

my village is because of what i was learning in systems when i started this game Smile Monkey in tree
Back to top Go down
cradled3184

cradled3184

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:11 am

Well Cradled come from Cradled in Velvet Darkness which wasmy bestfriends band, broke up when the drummer died, dont ask about the numbers, just some random ones i can remember. Now Fluffy, my cute lil village, is my nickname...as per my fiance, who thought one day it was cute4 to call me that now everyone does....sometimes i think someone please shoot me....
Back to top Go down
L Grimrock
Admin
L Grimrock

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: My names...   Whats in a name ? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:57 pm

This is a great idea! It has been interesting reading the answers. My turn...

Lothar was my favorite soccer player, Lothar Matthäus. He played for the German national team when I was a kid. Grimrock is one of my college nicknames...it's a long story.

Village names: Denhawken is a town near the farm my father grew up on. The rest relate somehow to birds of prey. I am pretty much obsessed with them. For instance my youngest son's name is Talon, like a hawk's claw.
Back to top Go down
King Kindred

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:48 am

King because it's alliterative with Kindred, and Kindred because it refers to my hotmail address, which in turn refers to lyrics from an Alanis Morrissette song.

Kindred's Keep because, well, the alliteration thing (I especially have a thing for the letter 'K'!) and because it sounds strong.
Back to top Go down
oblivion

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:47 pm

hi! my name came from this game i like to play, Oblivion. all of my village names come from my name, like in this world its Oblivionblade, in 18 its Oblivion, in 15 its Blade, in 17 its OblivionBlade, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats in a name ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name ?   Whats in a name ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats in a name ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The United Villages Reborn :: General Tribe Chat :: The Pub-
Jump to: